Cinefamily's Animation Breakdown is hosting a all-star panel and screening on Sunday night March 9th, at 7pm.
Panalists will include animation directors Lauren Faust (My Little Pony), Emily Hubley (The Toe Tactic), Yvette Kaplan (Zack and Quack), Lauren Montgomery (Wonder Woman), Rebecca Sugar (Steven Universe) and Lauren MacMullan (Get A Horse!). Co-sponsored by Women In Animation, Six Point Harness and Mondo Media, the panel will be moderated by director Conrad Vernon (Shrek 2, Monsters vs. Aliens), and the discussion will cover animation direction across mediums: TV, features, shorts, traditional and digital, inside and out of the studio system.
The Panel/screening will be followed by backyard patio mixer. Films to be screened include:
- Pencil Booklings (1978): Kathy Rose's seminal scribbles brought to life
- Lord I: The Records Keeper (2013): the 10-years-in-the-making short by Lori D.
- Set, Set, Spike! (2002): Emily Hubley's collage of memory, poetry and volleyball
- Like A Lantern (2013): Lilli Carre's haunting, wistful cut-outs
- Two Ghosts (2014): new World Premiere by Amy Lee Ketchum
- Northern Ice, Golden Sun (2002): Faith Hubley's Inuit inspired final film
For more informalion and tickets, visit the Cinefamily website.
UPDATE: Here are some images from this panel on 3/9/14