By Michael Lerman | "Lincoln Blogs" by Michael Lerman July 29, 2007 at 4:47AM
I was tagged by Danielle DiGiacomo from Indiepix for this meme thing, but I’ve been really busy with my two film projects (details in one blog post) that we are trying to complete in the next few months. Anyway, I’m finally catching up. See below.
First things first - The Rules:
1. We have to post these rules before we give you the facts.
2. Players start with eight random facts/habits about themselves.
3. People who are tagged write their own blog post about their eight things and include these rules.
4. At the end of your blog, you need to choose eight people to get tagged and list their names. Don’t forget to leave
them a comment telling them they’re tagged and that they should read your blog.
And now 8 things you probably never wanted to know about me:
1. When I was seven, I got a note sent home with me from my teacher because I attempted to staple my best friend’s finger to a table. Stricken with the fear of getting in trouble with my parents, I buried the note in the backyard. It, of course, left a huge noticeable pulled up patch up of grass and I was caught. To this day, my father still brings it up when he thinks I’m lying or withholding information, which clearly has had an effect since it was the first thing I thought of when I sat down to write this.
2. When I was eleven, I made something called a “milkshake surprise” in which I put many of my favorite ingredients (including Reese's Pieces and American cheese) into a blender and concocted a drink. If I remember correctly, the flavor was so overrun by the disproportionate amount of vanilla extract that you could not taste the disgusting combinations. My mother was appalled and from that day forth, I’ve vowed to be a good cook. I’ve stuck to it pretty well, but that’s a whole different post.
3. When “The OC” first premiered, I was so excited based on the trailer and Doug Lyman’s named attached that I invited nearly sixty people over to my apartment to watch the pilot. No one showed and, to this day, it’s the only episode I’ve ever seen.
4. I pretty good at rolling a kayak and even taught it to others on and off for a few winters.
5. I get privately obsessive when I think I’ve hurt/offended/wronged someone I really like. I’ve discovered recently that I care much less if I’ve offended someone professionally, which is probably not the best thing for my career, though I like most people I work with, but it’s always the idea of hurting them as a friend that bothers me the most. By the same token, I have trouble not being honest with people, even after my honesty has hurt them.
6. Many members of my close family are significantly more obese than I. It is because of this, I think, that I have an abnormal amount of excess skin on my face. It hides itself pretty well, but if I pull out my cheeks, I look like the still on the back of the box for Terry Gilliam’s “Brazil” (the non-Criterion edition).
7. I secretly hate Danielle DiGiacomo for making me this do this. This is probably mostly a reflection of the fact that I’m embarrassed to admit that she already tagged most of the blogs that I read. I should be more supportive of the rest of the community.
8. A sub-list for music, because apparently I keep embarrassing myself in this department again and again:
a. I have a serious karaoke addiction. I use it as others use alcohol to kill the pain.
b. I went to musical theater camp for seven summers.
c. I was once in a Falco cover band named Weiner Blut
d. My current projects include an acoustic power ballads cover group and a hip-hop album titled “Ready or Not …
Chill” under the alias Fuckjazzforaminute.
e. I know all the words (and notes, though I can’t sing it on key) to all 12 chapters of R. Kelly’s Trapped in the
f. One of the better musical projects I’ve ever been involved with was my band from college. Though we were
heavily indie rock influenced and somewhat creative (most of which had nothing to do with me), we couldn’t
take it seriously and still gave ourselves the emo name of Sever All Ties.
g. One of the pastimes I’ve created with my friends is to switch lyrics in songs to be “Free Palestine”. Our
favorites include “And it opened up my eyes, Free Palestine” from Ace of Base and “Jump in the line, please
Free Palestine” from Harry Belafonte.
So, sorry guys for bearing the brunt of #7, but I had to retag some of you (feel free to tag me back and I’ll take another six months to come up with stuff):
Tom Hall’s The Back Row Manifesto (Perfect way to return from a honeymoon)
Matt Dentler’s Blog (Ready for round 2?)
Eugene Hernandez’s eugonline (I can’t believe Danielle didn’t get you already)
Mike Tully’s Boredom at it’s Bordest (as if the first one wasn’t amazing enough)
Anthony Kaufman’s Blog (will someone please tell him because I don’t have his email?)
Ryan Werner (this should be interesting)
Danielle DiGiacomo’s Indiepix Blog (the source)
Connor Gaudet’s The Daily Hell (the best blog you’ve never read)
Agnes Varnum narrowly escaped, even though I threatened to tag her. Anyway, enjoy.