They talk endlessly about whether the older brother had a strange holdover his little brother. They wail: How could this happen? They ask: Were you surprised by their violence. Andother such secondary questions.
They should be asking these five questions:
1) Where did the terrorists get the guns?
2) What can we do to curb the possibility of copy-cat atrocities?
3) What can other cities do to minimize the prospect of this sort of thing happening again another major sports events?
4) What did the law-enforcement authorities in Boston do right?
5) How can people detect such powerful personality changes in young people who ultimately commit acts of violence?
MEDIA MATRIX QUESTION: What other questions should we be asking?
Get the latest headlines from Jon Friedmans Media Matrix delivered to your inbox every day.