This is the first installment of a weekly feature called "The Media Matrix Wednesday Geek Alert."
I hope you like it. If you do like it, feel free to write a fawning post in the comments section.
If you don't like it, feel free to post an I-hate-it comment each week.
If you really, really think it stinks, feel free to post more than one comment each week.
It's hard not to be a media geek these days. What with 24/7 TV cable channels, talk radio, mobile phones and tablets everywhere, who isn't a hopeless media geek. anyway.
Here are seven ways to tell when you're really, really hopeless.
1) You believe that Jeff Daniels is The Most Trusted Man in America.
2) Your guilty pleasure is watching C-SPAN.
3) During the impromptu Super Bowl blackout last February, you watched re-runs of Sean Hannity.
4) You thought the cool ones at the White House Correspondents Dinner were the White House correspondents.
5) During a blizzard, you satisfy your twisted personal agenda by watching the Weather Channel so you can laugh at those pitiful TV reporters -- fresh out of the Medill School of Journalism, no doubt -- looking pathetically perky while shivering in those bulky parkas.
6) "What's the Frequency Kenneth" is your favorite R.E.M. song, on principle.
7) You read this whole story without taking a bathroom break.
MEDIA MATRIX QUESTION: When do you know someone is a media geek?
Feel free to post your comment right here.