By Tambay A. Obenson | Shadow and Act May 21, 2012 at 2:45PM
I just learned that a 7-minute preview of Quentin Tarantino's highly-anticipated fantasy revenge thriller Django Unchained, which stars Jamie Foxx as the titular character, and Christoph Waltz as his mentor, was shown just to press moments ago at the Cannes Film Festival by TWC (The Weinstein Company).
I expect that 7-minute preview will make its way on to the web soon enough, if not today or tomorrow, and the rest of us will finally get our first real look at the work that I've already said repeatedly, will likely be a heavily-debated film on this site and elsewhere, when it's finally released this December.
In the meantime, I was able to gather a few reactions from those lucky few who were present for the 7-minute unveiling at Cannes, and share them with you below:
- From our pals at Twitch: DJANGO gets the most whoops. Plenty of blood, plenty of laughs. Looks like it will be the Cristophe Waltz show.
- indieWIRE's own Anne Thompson had this to say: Weinstein show & tell in #cannes of footage from the master, silver linings play book and Django unchained wowed media crowd. All tricky!
- From Rope Of Silicon: Most intrigued by The Master footage, Django Unchained ext. trailer seemed safe but solid & Silver Linings seemed rather pedestrian.
- From The Film Stage: Django Unchained looks f'n badass...7 minute trailer ending with Jamie Foxx shooting his pistol to James Brown 'Payback'
- And lastly from Movie City News: Just saw trailer for DJANGO "the D is silent" UNCHAINED. Mind successfully blown.
I'm sure there are (or will be) others; I just grabbed these from Twitter, as these are all people I follow. I'm sure there'll also be full descriptions of the 7-minute posted on other sites.
But as I already said, I expect that 7-minute extended trailer will make its way online very soon, and once it happens, you know where to find it!