By Tambay A. Obenson | Shadow and Act September 4, 2013 at 11:24AM
Bounce TV has announced that August marked its highest-rated and most-watched month in the network's short history.
Among the August performance highlights, via press release from Bounce TV, the network:
- Surpassed TV One in Adults 18+ viewership.
- Topped AMC, Bravo, TruTV, TLC, Discovery and 80 other ad-supported cable networks in African American ratings and viewership with Adults 18-49 and 25-54.
- Racked up double-digit Total Day growth among all Adults (+17%) and across P18-49 (+12%) and P25-54 (+18%).
- Posted primetime (7P-11P) increases among all Adults (+9%) and across P18-49 (+3%) and P25-54 (7%) month-to-month.
"This is astonishing growth for a young network. Strong key demo delivery has resulted in a large scale of new advertisers embracing Bounce TV this upfront, and made it crystal clear that the network is now a major player in the space," commented Bounce TV Chief Operating Officer Jonathan Katz.
With its most recent launch in St. Louis on KSDK-TV and weeks shy of just its second birthday, Bounce TV is already seen in:
- 87 markets including all of the top African American television markets.
- 89% of African American television homes.
- 71% of the total television homes in the United States.
The network also recently announced a sweeping range of renewals and new launches by major station groups representing coverage in 40 markets.
Should TV One and BET be worried then? I don't know about the rest of you, but I'm looking forward to seeing where all this competition in the black TV network space goes in the next 5 to 10 years. Although it's anyone's guess what the overall TV landscape will look like in that same time period, with change, and push for change, happening quite rapidly.