By Tambay A. Obenson | Shadow and Act August 18, 2014 at 5:31PM
Via an email I received yesterday, Byron Hurt, director of the 2012 documentary "Soul Food Junkies," is still looking for subjects to interview for his upcoming film "Hazing: How Badly Do You Want In."
Check out the details below:
SHARE YOUR STORY!
Call for Subjects for Hazing Documentary Film
Award-winning filmmaker Byron Hurt is currently seeking racially diverse men and women to be on-camera subjects for his upcoming documentary film, Hazing: How Badly Do You Want In?
All potential subjects must be willing to candidly share their experiences with hazing – either as a victim, perpetrator, or a change agent. All interviews will be conducted on camera for a potential national television broadcast. Selected subjects concerned about being identified on camera, and who would like to remain anonymous, may opt to have their face obscured and voice altered during their on-camera interview.
We are looking for the following subjects:
• Men and women who have been hazed while seeking membership into an organization, club, team, or group.
• Individuals on a quest to seek justice for a loved one who was seriously injured or killed as a result of hazing.
• Individuals who defend or take a pro-hazing stance.
• Individuals who are proactively working to change the culture of hazing.
• Individuals who are affiliated with an organization, fraternity, sorority, athletic team, club, marching band, branch of the U.S. military, academic department, or any other institution that practiced hazing.
PLEASE TELL US YOUR STORY in 500 words or less. Send your story via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. All candidates will be carefully screened before being selected at the discretion of Byron Hurt and the Hazing production team.
Hazing: How Badly Do You Want In? will be a major U.S. documentary film that will be potentially televised nationally and internationally. The film is tentatively scheduled for a release in 2016.