By Tambay A. Obenson | Shadow and Act May 3, 2013 at 12:52PM
Attention filmmakers... read on:
Call for Submissions 2013: June 30 Deadline
Celebrating Our Amazing Stories in Film
The 8th Annual CaribbeanTales Toronto Film Showcase
Celebrate an explosion of films from the Caribbean Diaspora, with interactive workshops, screenings and networking sessions.
CaribbeanTales, produced in partnership with Harbourfront Centre, is accepting submissions until June 30, 2013 for its 2013 Film Showcase.
The Caribbean is coming to voice in Film. An explosion of talent in images and sound is taking place across the Region and the world. Literally hundreds of filmmakers from the Caribbean and its Diaspora — Europe, North America, Africa, India, Lebanon, and on — are taking up the camera as powerful weapons for the expression of their unique voices, and many extraordinary film stories are being released.
We are proud to be Caribbean!
This year’s festival runs September 4 - 15 with screenings at Toronto's Harbourfront Centre.
GUIDELINES FOR SUBMISSIONS
FINAL DEADLINE: June 30, 2013 (NO ENTRY FEE)
• All lengths and genres accepted.
• CT seeks works made by filmmakers from Caribbean backgrounds and/or that celebrate and explore Caribbean themes, and themes of interest and relevance to people from the Caribbean Diaspora.
• Preview copy must be sent through secure online storage for example a password protected Vimeo account. Submission should be sent via email to: Programming Director, CaribbeanTales Toronto Film Showcase, email@example.com. Please also address any questions or concerns here.
• Label previews with director’s name, film title, length, country, contact info, genre and year of completion, as well as 150-word Synopsis.
• Films in foreign languages must be subtitled in English.
• The participant must pay print shipping costs to Toronto. The festival will pay the cost of shipping exhibition prints back to the participant.
• Please do not send preview or screening copies by courier, as these may incur customs and duties charges. CT will not cover these charges, and will refuse the package.
• All preview tapes will be added to CT’s archives for consideration to our year-round international programming, unless filmmaker indicates in writing that they do not wish it so.