The 7th Annual FilmAid Film Festival 2013 has announced a call for entries for filmmakers all over the world are requested to submit entries. June 2 is the deadline.
The theme for this year’s film festival is “The Right to Tell Our Stories," to celebrate the many untold stories of those who have been displaced globally, and to give a unique opportunity to great storytellers from the next wave of great filmmakers to tell stories about those displaced from their homes – through conflict and other factors - to the rest of the world.
The films should focus on issues about refugees and displacement or be films that have been made by refugees or those that have been displaced from their homes. The Festival is strongly keen to promote innovation and diverse perspectives.
The 2013 FilmAid film festivals will run in August 2013 (Specific date to be announced) in Kakuma and Dadaab Refugee Camps and Nairobi.
- Films must be completed on or after August 2012.
- Films previously submitted to the FilmAid Film Festival are NOT eligible.
- Films must be submitted on DVD. Do not send film prints, master tapes, or other originals.
- Entrant confirms and warrants required legal authority to submit the entry into the Festival and to use all music, images, and content in the entry.
- Entrant will allow usage of clips from the film for promotional use on television, radio, in print, and at live Festival events.
- All entries must be either in English or subtitled in English. Non-English entries submitted without subtitles are not eligible.
- Works in Progress: will be accepted, however, subsequent cuts or replacement copies will only be accepted at the request of the programming committee.
- Only complete entries will be processed.
- Please submit a typed or clearly printed entry form along with the submission.
- Students must include proof of student status at the time of production (i.e., copy of student ID, transcript, etc.)
Deadline for submission is June 2nd 2013. Filmmakers will be notified of their acceptance status by July 1st 2013. Entry is free.
You can mail all your application materials to this address:
6 Metropolitan Estate, Chiromo Access Rd, Off Riverside Drive,
P.O Box 21751 -00505 | Nairobi, Kenya
All submissions, documentation materials and films on DVD must be sent fully pre-paid to the address as indicated on the entry form.
The Festival is not obliged to offer comments or reasons for not selecting a film submitted for one of Festival's programmes.
D) Judging & Selection
If a film is selected for screening, the Festival office will contact the entrant by phone or email.
All successful entrants will be notified on or before 15 July 2013.
For publication purposes, entries selected will be required to supply at least one high resolution photograph of the film's director/producer.
E) Entry is Free
F) Categories (select one)
- 90 minute Narrative
- Short Subject - under 40 minutes