By Tambay A. Obenson | Shadow and Act November 2, 2011 at 3:30AM
The well-regarded New Directors/New Films - the nation's foremost showcase for emerging filmmaking talent, where the likes of Pedro Almodóvar, Spike Lee, Richard Linklater, John Sayles, Steven Spielberg, Wong Kar Wai, Dee Rees and many other, were all featured early in their careers - is currently accepting submissions for ND/NF 41, which will run from March 21-April 1, 2012.
The submission deadline is January 6, 2012. There is no fee for submitting films, however, note the following guidelines:
- Entries must be New York premieres and must have been completed in 2011 or 2010. Films shown in other festivals or public screenings in New York are not eligible for consideration.
- Work can be submitted on DVD, HDCam, Digibeta or 35 mm. DVD submissions will not be returned.
- Works of all lengths will be considered. There are not separate categories for feature length and short films.
- Films in any language other than English must be subtitled in English.
- All applicants will be notified of the committee’s decision by February 29, 2012.
Go it? Good. Click HERE to download the application.