No surprise that The Amazing Spider Man
was No. 1 this weekend and that Seth MacFarlane's
rude comedy Ted
held up pretty strong for the second place.
But what more of interest (at least to us at S & A) is how Beasts of the Southern Wild did this past weekend and once again the film had the largest per screen average for any film currently playing right now.
The film expanded from last week's four screen to 19 screens with a per screen average of $19, 789 (Totalling to date $745,000 at the box office so far) compared to just over $15,000 per screen for Spider Man which is playing in over 4,000 screens, the just over $10,000 per screen for Ted or the $4,720 per screen for latest Medea film.
Small wonder that Fox Searchlight this past week has been buying up TV ad space for Beasts which is always a solid indication that they think they've got a winner on their hands.
1) The Amazing Spider-Man Sony $65,000,000 Total: $140,000,000
2) Ted Uni. $32,593,000 Total: $120,240,000
3) Brave BV $20,162,000 Total: $174,519,000
4) Savages Uni. $16,162,000
5) Magic Mike WB $15,610,000 Total: $72,797,000
6) Tyler Perry's Madea's Witness Protection $10,200,000 Total:$45,846,000
7) Madagascar 3: Europe's Most Wanted P/DW $7,700,000 Total:$196,020,000
8) Katy Perry: Part of Me Par. $7,150,000 Total: $10,250,000
9) Moonrise Kingdom Focus $4,642,000 Total: $26,893,000
10) To Rome with Love SPC $3,502,000 Total: $5,621,000
11) People Like Us BV $2,256,000 Total: $9,253,000
12) Marvel's The Avengers BV $2,170,000 Total: $611,130,000