Kristen Stewart is, for me, another one of those "just-how-exactly-did-she-become-a-movie-star?" movie stars. I mean really? Her screen presence is nil; she has only one expression on her face (either on or off the screen) - that of someone who just got a tooth pulled; and her whole "I'm so uncomfortable this whole Hollywood thing. I wish I was somewhere else" B.S. bit gets on my last nerve.
Take a look at the picture above. C'mon, do YOU buy her as this Amazon Joan of Arc warrior ready to do battle against the evil forces? I mean seriously? If it wasn't for those Twilight movies, would she have been anywhere?
Anyway, now that I got that off my chest, her new film Snow White and the Huntsman topped the B.O. weekend chart, beating MIB III. Though Prometheus beats Snow White by a huge margin in overseas markets.
The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel continues to be an art film hit; and in case you didnl' take notice, The Avengers is now the third biggest grossing film in history, after the James Cameron duo, Titanic (No. 2) and Avatar (No. 1)
1) Snow White and the Huntsman Uni. $56,255,000
2) MIB 3 Sony $29,300,000 Total: $112,300,000 $225
3) Marvel's The Avengers BV $20,273,000 Total:$552,737,000
4) Battleship Uni. $4,810,000 Total: $55,123,000
5) The Dictator Par. $4,725,000 Total: $50,835,000
6) The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel FoxS $4.600,00 Total: $25,497,000
7) What to Expect When You're Expecting LGF $4,430,000 Total: $30,723,000
8) Dark Shadows WB $3,860,000 Total: $70,834,000
9) Chernobyl Diaries WB $3,045,000 Total: $14,416,000
10) For Greater Glory ArcEnt $1,800,000
11) The Hunger Games LGF $1,500,000 Total: $398,274,000
12) Bernie MNE $937,000 Total: $3,651,000
13) Moonrise Kingdom Focus $849,000 Total: $1,709,000