By Sergio | Shadow and Act May 5, 2013 at 12:05PM
I keep saying that eventually people will tire of comic book super hero movies and will long for more adult movies again about people interacting with people, and I keep getting proved wrong.
The latest evidence that I don’t know what I’m talking about is Iron Man 3, which opened to a stunning $175 million domestically with a worldwide total to date of $680 million. And the film has only been out for just over a week. How far can it go?
But there are films that are also making money as well. 42 is still holding on strong, coming, as it did last week, in third place and still easily looks headed for an eventual gross of $90-100 million.
Not exactly Iron Man figures (what film could match that?) but pretty good nevertheless anyway.
|1) Iron Man 3 BV $175,300,000 |
2) Pain and Gain Par. $7,600,000 Total: $33,919,000
3) 42 WB $6,210,000 Total: $78,336,000
4) Oblivion Uni. $5,797,000 Total: $75,969,000
5) The Croods Fox $4,225,000 Total: $168,743,000
6) The Big Wedding LGF $3,875,000 Total: $7,500, 000
7) Mud RAtt. $2,150,000 Total: $5,158,000
8) Oz The Great and Powerful BV $1,822,000 Total: $228,568,000
9) Scary Movie 5 W/Dim. $1,435,000 Total: $29,603,000
10) The Place Beyond the Pines Focus $1,298,000 Total: $18,678,000
11) G.I. Joe: Retaliation Par. $1,275,000 Total: $118,757,000
12) Olympus Has Fallen FD $1,185,000 Total: $95,365,000