By Sergio | Shadow and Act August 21, 2011 at 5:55AM
The Help jumped to this weekend's No. 1 slot, which will either make some people happy and others not so happy. The question now is how far past the $100 million mark will it go.
The two remakes of 80's movies were huge dissapointments, but was anyone really demanding a remake of Conan The Barbarian, or Fright Night (despite the latter getting really good reviews)?
Also increasingly audiences are getting wise to when a film is in 3D (like Conan and Fright Night) which more than likely nowadays means " this film really sucks so it's in 3D to sucker you into seeing it"
And Attack the Block now playing in 44 screens has made a total to date of $600,000. The rest of the list below:
1) The Help BV $20,479,000 Total: $71,801,000
2) Rise of the Planet of the Apes Fox $16,300,000 Total: $133,764,000
3) Spy Kids: All the Time in the World W/Dim. $12,020,000
4) Conan the Barbarian LGF $10,000,000
5) The Smurfs Sony $8,000,000 Total:$117,745,000
6) Fright Night BV $7,900,000 Total: $8,300,000
7) Final Destination 5 WB (NL) $7,705,000 Total:$32,328,000
8) 30 Minutes or Less Sony $6,300,000 Total:$25,762,000
9) One Day Focus $5,128,000
10) Crazy, Stupid, Love WB $4,950,000 Total:$64,420,000
11) Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2 WB $4,405,000 Total:$365,901,000
12) Cowboys & Aliens Uni. $4,194,000 Total:$89,476,000