By Sergio | Shadow and Act July 24, 2011 at 6:09AM
Captain America: The First Avenger was No.1 this weekend beating out Harry Potter which is still making big money. So far all the HP films together have made a toal of $7 billion which is why Warner Bros is desperately looking for another tent-pole movie series to replace it with no luck yet.
But one big surprise had been the box office success of Bad Teacher which, despite getting dreadful reviews and being held up for critic screenings until the very last moment, has made almost $100 million so far.
The film co-starred Justin Timberlake who also stars in the No. 3 film this weekend Friends With Benefits. I don't see it. First he was in some boy band and now he's one of the hottest actors working today. How did this happen? I've always thought and still do that just he's another bland white guy. So tepid he makes vanilla ice cream taste spicy. He even makes Bradley Cooper charismatic by comparison and I thought NO ONE could do that! .
What's the deal with him? Am I missing something here?
1. Captain America 3D (Marvel/Disney/Paramount) Weekend $65.8M
2. Harry Potter/Deathly Hallows Pt 2 3D Weekend $48M, Cume $274.1M
3. Friends With Benefits (Screen Gems/Sony) Weekend $18.5M
4. Transformers 3 3D (Paramount) Weekend $12M, Cume $325.7M
5. Horrible Bosses (New Line/Warner Bros) Weekend $11.5M, Cume $82.2M
6. Zookeeper (MGM/Sony) Weekend $8.7M, Cume $59.2M
7. Cars 2 3D (Disney) Weekend $6.5M, Cume $177.2M
8. Winnie The Pooh (Disney) Weekend $5.5M, Cume $18M
9. Bad Teacher (Sony) Weekend $2.5M, Cume $94.3M
10. Midnight In Paris (Sony Classics) Weekend $2M, Cume $45M