X-Men: First Class was, surprisingly, not No.1 this weekend, and though Fox is putting on a good face, in reality, they're not happy with the results.
The film grossed $54 million this weekend, which anyone would say was pretty good. However, that's a disappointment when compared to that Wolverine X-Men spin-off film, which grossed $85 million on it's opening weekend. And that was a film that NO ONE liked. Perhaps the result for First Class is a case of going back to the well once too often?
Meanwhile Pirates of the Caribbean: Stranger Tides has past the $700 million mark worldwide. Another film that no one likes. Is there a message here? And Jumping the Broom. still hangs on in the top ten.
1) X Men: First Class (Marvel/Fox) Weekend $54M
2. The Hangover Part 2 (Warner Bros) Weekend $33.5M, Cume $18
3. Kung Fu Panda 2 3D (DreamWorks Animation/Paramount) Weekend $25M, Cume $10
4. Pirates Of The Caribbean 4 3D (Disney) Weekend $19M, Cume $191.2M
5. Bridesmaids (Universal) Weekend $12.5M, Cume $107.6M
6. Thor (Marvel/Paramount) Weekend $4.2M, Cume $169.1M
7. Fast Five (Universal) Weekend $3.3M, Cume $202.1M
8. Midnight In Paris (Sony Classics) Weekend $2.8M, Cume $6.8M
9. Something Borrowed (Warner Bros) Week 5 Cume $36.8M
10. Jumping The Broom (TriStar/Sony) Weekend $800K, Cume $35.8M