Though it dropped more than was hoped this weekend, Jumping The Broom is still doing well, and on track to be one of the most profitable films this year, when its production cost is compared to its eventual final box office take. Though Insidious , which is No.12 this weekend, will still hold that title, making over $50 million so far, on just under $1 million in production cost.
The very funny Bridesmaids co-starring Maya Rudolph (how many of you know that she's the daughter of Minnie Ripperton?), came in No.2, with the potential to be the real sleeper of the summer film season; and other films such as Fast Five and Thor are holding on strong.
The rest below:
May 13-15, 2011 Weekend
1) Thor Par. $34,500,00 Total: $119,252,000
2) Bridesmaids Uni. $24,409,000 Total: $24,409,000
3) Fast Five Uni. $19,534,000 Total: $168,780,000
4) Priest SGem $14,500,000
5) Rio Fox $8,000,000 Total: $124,968,000
6) Jumping the Broom TriS $7,300,000 Total: $25,994,000
7) Something Borrowed WB $7,000,000Total: $25,647,000
8) Water for Elephants Fox $4,100,000 Total:$48,476,000
9) Tyler Perry's Madea's Big Happy Family LGF $2,200,000 Total:$50,218,000
10) Soul Surfer TriS $1,800,000 Total: $39,200,000
11) Hoodwinked Too! Hood vs. Evil Wein. $1,031,000 Total:$8,443,000
12) Insidious FD $965,000 Total: $51,681,000