A new nonprofit theater in Connecticut is looking for a GM. Below are details of the job:
General Manager – Prospector Theater, Ridgefield, CT
The Prospector Theater is a new nonprofit movie theater and community space in historic downtown Ridgefield, CT,
opening in the summer of 2014. The Prospector will show a full range of movies to meet the needs and desires of our
community and will delight audiences young and old.
In all of its activities, The Prospector Theater is committed to providing job training and meaningful employment to adults with disabilities and to creating a workplace environment that is entrepreneurial, innovative, caring, respectful and dynamic.
At this time we seek our first full time employee, an experienced General Manager, to work with the founders to bring the facility to life. The General Manager will be responsible for leading the day-to-day management of the organization, including finance, marketing, general administration and human resources efforts. S/he is responsible for the consistent achievement of the company's financial objectives and will work closely with the Founders and Board of Directors to develop short and long-term goals and plans for the organization.
The successful candidate will be entrepreneurial and energetic with a passion for community engagement and the mission of The Prospector. S/he will have experience in a similar position with broad organizational responsibilities with a focus on financial, staff, and operations management. S/he will have strong organizational and project management skills and act as a partner to the Founders to conceive, manage and present all programming for the organization. Experience with house management, ticketing and online box office applications would be a plus but is not a requirement.
The successful candidate will have superb interpersonal skills and be an excellent communicator in verbal, written, and presentation forms. The General Manager will be a self-motivated advocate for The Prospector, and be able to guide the organization towards fiscally prudent decisions. S/he will build positive relationships with individuals and organizations throughout the community to heighten awareness of The Prospector and to expand the base of support at all levels.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
1. GENERAL ADMINISTRATION: Supervise the administrative arm of the organization. Act as first point-of-contact responding to inquiries and/or forwarding information to appropriate parties. Establish and maintain highly efficient and cost-effective operations for the organization. Plan for the organization’s technology needs and manage facilities requirements for the future.
2. FINANCIAL MANAGEMENT: Oversee the fiscal integrity of the organization including the preparation of the annual budget, the creation of reporting and auditing infrastructure, and financial accountability to monitor and report budget activity. Adherence to non-profit and tax-exempt procedures.
3. STAFF MANAGEMENT: Act as primary supervisor for the staff, contractors, volunteers/interns, and Job Training Support personnel. Partner closely with the Founders on staffing needs and recruit staff as necessary.
4. HUMAN RESOURCES: Actively participate in implementation of employee policies and ensure full compliance with state and local labor laws. Ensure staff has adequate resources and clearly defined responsibilities. Manage payroll and administer employee benefits.
5. STRATEGY DEVELOPMENT: In consultation with senior management, develop and execute comprehensive strategies, with measurable goals and objectives that meet The Prospector’s annual operating requirements and lay continuing groundwork for increasing revenue in subsequent seasons.
7. RELATIONSHIP MANAGEMENT: Develop, maintain and expand key vendor and community relationships for the organization. Maintain an active presence in the Ridgefield CT community.
- A Bachelor’s degree or higher from an accredited university or college
- A minimum of 3-5 years of management and/or business operations experience
- Experience building teams that effectively collaborate with staff, the Board and management
- Strong planning, strategy, financial, budgeting, analytical, and communication skills
- A passion for community building and the Prospector’s mission, programs, and future plans
- Proficiency in MS Suite (Word, Excel & PowerPoint), and experience with ticketing software, social media, and online sharing platforms preferred
- The ability to work evenings/weekends when needed in support of Prospector events.
Start Date: August 1, 2013
Salary Range:$65-75k commensurate with experience. Benefits include paid health insurance, paid vacation and sick days.
Please send resume, cover letter, and three references via email only to jobs[a]prospectortheater.org with “General Manager Search 2013”
in the subject line of your email. No phone calls please.
Learn more about the organization athttp://prospectortheater.org/
The Prospector is an Equal Opportunity Employer, encouraging people of any race, color, sex, national origin, religion, age and ability to apply for positions.