Among the selected films are GRAND STREET by Lex Sidon, STONES IN THE SUN by Patricia Benoit (Selected for the 2007 Sundance Screenwriters & Directors Lab and Winner of the Time Warner Storytelling Award) from the producer of CIRCUMSTANCE, Karin Chien, and WHEN THE WORLD'S ON FIRE by James Clauer (short "The Aluminum Fowl" was in Directors Fortnight in Cannes) produced by John Maringouin (BIG RIVER MAN).
Four other projects will be promoted and presented as 30 minute-long trailers.
The films will benefit from a special gathering of 30 European distributors, sales agents, producers and fest programmers to consider investing finishing funds as well as their customary services. Some of the buyers that confirmed their presence at the event are: HanWay. Memento, LevelK, Artificial Eye, the Works, Soda Pictures, Imagine Film, Bankside Films, Reel Suspects and Haut et Court. Programmers from a few key festivals are also expected at GiP.
A jury of industry professionals will chose one film of the 7 to be awarded a post-production package consisting of a digital master (DCP) and subtitling and post services, provided by AFF sponsors, XDC and Studio L’Equipe, respectively. In addition, sound and graphics for opening and closing credits donated by Mactari France and Poland’s Alvernia Studios. Total post services value is $60,000.
Gotham in Progress is an initiative of New York and Paris-based Black Rabbit Films and New Horizons Association. The latter produces Poland’s largest annual international film fest, New Horizons IFF as well as its little sister event, the American Film Festival.
• NOW, FORAGER, dir. Jason Cortlund & Julia Halperin, prod. Jason Cortlund (Now Forager)
• NOT WAVING BUT DROWNING, dir. Devyn Waitt, prod. Nicole Emanuele (White Horse Pictures LLC)
• GRAND STREET, dir. Lex Sidon, prod. Chris Marsch & Darren Goldberg (Atlantic Pictures)
• STONES IN THE SUN, dir. Patricia Benoit, prod. Karin Chien (Lotbo Films)
• TAN LINES, dir. Tim Kirkman, prod. Gill Holland (Tan Lines LLC / The Group Entertainment)
• WHEN THE WORLD'S ON FIRE, dir. James Clauer, prod. John Maringouin (Nomadic Independence)
• SUN DON'T SHINE, dir. Amy Seimetz, prod. Kim Sherman (Sun Don’t Shine LLC).
• I’M NOT ME, dir. Zak Mulligan, Rodrigo Lopresti, prod. Hans Eric Hollstien
• PERCIVAL'S BIG NIGHT by William Sullivan – produced by Caitlyn Coady (New Percy Productions)
• BIRDS OF A FEATHER by Anthony Meidl – produced by Anthony Meidl (Meta Films / Intrepid Entertainment)
• NANCY, PLEASE by Andrew Semans – produced by Vinay Singh
American Film Festival
aff AT snh.org.pl
RT @pablojgarmon: Terrence Malick's films aren't slow: they zoom. @ThePlaylist: Director Andrew Dominik's thoughts on cinema: http://t.co/f…Posted 32 minutes ago
RT @pablojgarmon: Terrence Malick's films aren't slow: they zoom. @ThePlaylist: Director Andrew Dominik's thoughts on cinema: http://t.co/f…Posted 43 minutes ago
RT @RewanIshak: RT @pablojgarmon: Terrence Malick's films aren't slow: they zoom. @ThePlaylist: (cont) http://t.co/XVEzXunV1hPosted 51 minutes ago
@pablojgarmon @ThePlaylist Assassination of Jesse James is a tremendous film! So unjustly underrated.Posted 52 minutes ago