By Sydney Levine | Sydneys Buzz August 2, 2013 at 3:30PM
The Nickelodeon Theatre is a leading Southeastern arts organization that engages the community through thought-provoking film programming, media education classes, and media artist training and support. Since 1979, the Nick has been at the center of South Carolina’s media arts scene, showcasing interesting films, hosting conversations on a wide range of social and political topics, and supporting the spread of media literacy skills across the region.
Reporting to the Executive Director (ED), the Director of Marketing will set and guide the strategy for all communications to consistently articulate the Nick’s mission. The Director of Marketing is a member of the executive staff and reports to the Executive Director. The Director of Marketing oversees the Senior Theater Manager who in turn oversees all box office and customer service staff.
• Develop and implement innovative and effective strategies for promoting the Nickelodeon’s programming – including first run independent films, special series and film festivals
• Develop and implement innovative strategic marketing spikes that raise general awareness of the organization
• Insure the Nickelodeon brand is well represented through excellent customer service experiences online, over the phone and in-person
• Manage the development, distribution, and maintenance of all print and electronic collateral including, but not limited to, newsletter/calendar, brochures, eblasts and the Nick’s websites and social media profiles
• Coordinate webpage maintenance—ensuring that new and consistent information (article links, stories, and events) is posted regularly; and the distribution list is current and encompassing of the entire Nick family
• Coordinate pre-show trailer content
• Manage all public and media relations
• Measure and report outcomes of marketing efforts
• Develop annual marketing budget and earned income projections
• Assist in the creation and management of special events
• Recruit and manage marketing interns
• A passion for the Nickelodeon Theatre, its mission and values; in particular serving Columbia's diverse communities through thought-provoking film, media education opportunities and filmmaker support services
• Bachelor’s Degree or higher
• Minimum 5 years experience, preferably with an arts or culture organization
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Sincere commitment to work collaboratively with all constituent groups, including staff, board members, volunteers, donors, program participants, and other supporters
• Self-starter, able to work independently, and entrepreneurially; enjoys creating and implementing new initiatives
• Experience developing and measuring the success of innovative marketing plans with clear objectives.
• Ability to work effectively with socio-economically, racially, culturally and linguistically diverse communities
This is a full time, salaried position with health benefits and free popcorn. Salary will range form $35,000-$40,000 depending upon experience.
The Nickelodeon Theatre is a 501(c)3 art house cinema, that has served Columbia and the state of South Carolina since 1979. With a dedication to leveraging the power of media arts to improve our community, we encourage candidates of all races, genders, religions and sexual orientations to apply.
Please send a cover letter and resume to jobs[a]nickelodeon.org.
Deadline to apply: August 15, 2013.