By Sydney Levine | Sydneys Buzz December 13, 2012 at 9:30AM
Strange but True tells the love story of two young trash collectors working under the despotic direction of Mr.Clean. Tragedy ensues when they find a corpse of a wealthy man and Mr. Clean takes terrible decisions.
Days of Cannibalism is a three-part feature film in three parts, stylistically a Western, set in contemporary Africa. It is a film about man-eat-man, from the business of globalised trade in China, to a band of smugglers in Lesotho to the violence of a cattle raid deep in the high mountains.
Selected earlier this year were:
Silver Shadow by Pablo Stoll (Uruguay/Argentina)
The Load by Ognjen Glavonic (Serbia)
The Fourth Direction by Gurvinder Singh (India)
Their first coaching sessions already took place in Berlin, Amsterdam and Mumbai. All Boost! projects will be presented at CineMart during the International Film Festival Rotterdam, where they will be offered special pitching and project development sessions prior to taking one-to-one meetings at the co-production market.
Boost!-project taking part in Rotterdam Lab 2013:
- The Fourth Direction / Gurvinder Singh / India
Additional Binger Filmlab News:
- Eurimages is supporting Land. by writer/director Jan-Willem van Ewijk with EUR 230.000!
- Current Lab participant Meikeminne Clinckspoor has won 7 prices in the Cinekid Festival edition of the 48 hour project with Gewoon Ongewoon.
- Milo, by Berend and Roel Boorsma, has taken another prize: MovieSquad Best International Children’s Movie at the Cinekid Festival.
- Miro Bilbrough's Being Venice developed in the 2006 Writers Lab, had it's international premiere at The International Film Festival Mannheim-Heidelberg.
- Writers and Creative Producers Lab participants Arno Dierickx & Joram Willink have received support from the Netherlands Film Fund for their current lab project The Circle.
- Raf Reyntjes also received support for Paradise Trips from the Netherlands Film Fund.
- Parts of a Family by Diego Gutierrez Coppe, developed in the Binger Doc Lab, premiered at the Morelia IFF in Mexico.
- Niles Atallah and Lucie Kalmar have been granted a Production Award of EUR 70.000 at the Torino Film Lab Meeting Event for Rey.