Th International Financing Forum (IFF) will be held at this year's TIFF by the Ontario Media Development Corporation (OMDC), now in its 8th edition the annual event will bring the best Canadian and international producers to an expectant group of industry executives, sales agents, financiers, and distributors.During the two-day networking program, taking place September 8tha and 9th, 40 feature film projects will be get this invaluable exposure. Twenty-one of these potential works are Canadian, the rest represent 15 international markets from around the globe which include
Australia, Bulgaria, England, Germany, India, Finland, France, Israel, Japan, Luxembourg, The Netherlands, New Zealand, Scotland, South Africa, and The United State.
Via more than
682 meetings scheduled for IFF 2013 the selected projects will have the chance to be connected with over
30 international companies :
Bankside Films, Big Beach Films, Cinetic Media, eOne Entertainment, Film4, FilmNation, IFC Films/Sundance Selects, K5 Media Group, ICM Partners,
Kickstarter, Magnolia, The Match Factory, Nordisk, Participant Films, Parts & Labor Films, Protagonist Pictures, River Road Entertainment, See-Saw
Films, TF1, Voltage, Wild Bunch, and William Morris Endeavor, among other top film companies.
Canadian producers/projects include:
• Toronto producer David Cormican of Don Carmody Productions with romantic comedy, The Jane Austen Marriage Manual, written by internationally best-selling novelist Kim Izzo (The Fabulous Girl’s Guide to Decorum)
• Vancouver’s Trish Dolman and Christine Haebler (Hector and The Search For Happiness starring Simon Pegg) with Nick Broomfield’s ( Kurt and Courtney) fiction feature film directorial debut, The Catastrophist, to star Freida Pinto, John C. Reilly, and Dana Stevens
• Toronto producer, Frank Siracusa with murder-mystery, The Bird Artist, with Baltasar Kormákur (2 Guns with Denzel Washington and Mark Wahlberg) at the helm, written by Malcolm McRury (The Man Without A Face, Deadwood)
• International projects include:
• Award-winning Iranian director, novelist, human rights activist, Mohsen Makhmalbaf (award-winning Gabbeh, Iran’s submission for 70th Academy Awards®) with The President from U.K. producers, Mike Downey (Deathwatch) and Sam Taylor (Before The Rain)
• Netherlands producers Pierre Spengler and Laurence Lamers (1995 Palme d’Or Winner – Underground; Superman I and II) with historical-drama, Orestes, with Freddie Highmore, Susan Lynch and Alan Cumming attached to star
• U.S. producers Mona Panchal (former Paramount executive) and Priya Swaminathan (head of development, George Clooney’s Smoke House Pictures) with psychological thriller, The Incident (2013 Sundance Screenwriting and Directing labs), written and to be directed by Jan Kwiecinski (Vice Films distributed, Fawns).
Some of the recent successful projects supported in previous years by the IFF include the 2011 Academy Award nominated film Incendies by Denis Villeneuve who returns to Toronto with two films Prisoners and Enemy , David Michod's Animal Kingdom, and more recently Wadjda, the first Saudi Arabian feature film from a female director, which opens in the U.S on September 13th.