By Sydney Levine | Sydneys Buzz March 19, 2012 at 10:38AM
US in Progress films start festival careers
More and more participants of the first edition of Wroclaw’s US in Progress are making a festival splash.
Now, Forager, the film awarded with a Special Mention at the first USiP played in the Bright Future section of the Rotterdam IFF. Now, it will be shown at the prestigious New Directors New Films festival in Lincoln Center/ MoMa in New York. The film was screened in Wrocław at final cut stage and found partners including a Polish co-producer (Monternia.pl) and a sales agent (New Europe Film Sales).
Finally, Tribeca FF recognized two other USiP films: Andrew Semans’ Nancy, Please will compete in the World Narrative Competition this year, while Patricia Benoit’s Stones in the Sun will be shown in the festival’s Viewpoints section.
US in Progress and American Film Festival in Wrocław are keeping their fingers crossed for all films!
US in Progress (formerly known as Gotham in Progress) is the first industry event devoted to US-indies in Europe. After the successful first edition at the 2nd American Film Festival in Wrocław, US in Progress has evolved into a two-legged event to be held at two festivals every year.
Apart from the regular November get-together in Wrocław, there will be another event at the newly created Champs-Elysées Film Festival on June 7-10 2012 in Paris. The Paris event will also have a form of intense exclusive screenings (behind closed doors, for registered guests only) and one-to-one meetings.U.S. filmmakers of 3-5 selected films will be invited to present their final cuts to a group of around 30 key European buyers.
Independent U.S. films in final production stages should apply to the programme on http://www.blackrabbitfilm.com/us-in-progress/paris-edition-2012/ before 1 April.
DEADLINE FOR US IN PROGRESS PARIS' POSTPONED TO APRIL 1ST
US IN PROGRESS (June 7-10 in Paris-France) will present US indie films in post-production to European buyers (distributors, sales agents, fest programmers) in order to achieve completion and to foster the circulation and distribution of American indie films in Europe. The event will take form of two days of intense exclusive screenings (behind closed doors, for registered guests only) and one-to-one meetings on June 7-10 2012.
US IN PROGRESS OFFERS :
- Travel and accommodation: ﬂight from the US and 3 nights in Paris for the producers and directors of the films selected.
- Networking: a chance to present your project in person at exclusive screening (behind closed doors, for registered industry guests only) to ca. 30 key European buyers
- Direct business opportunities: one-to-one meetings to discuss your needs and strike post-production and distribution deals
-Awards: free post-production and professional services from our sponsors.
- Plus pleasures: parties and screenings and further networking at the first Champs-Elysées Film Festival
The application requirements for the films are the following:
- American Narrative Feature Films in postproduction are eligible
- Production Company needs to be US based
- Films looking for completion money, sales agent or European distribution.
- Films in postproduction when applying, with at least 30 min of the films edited and to reach feature format by March 1st.
- Films with no US or international premiere
- Only one film in postproduction can be submitted per production company. For more information : Adeline Monzier / email@example.com
Black Rabbit Film
US In Progress - Paris / June7-10 2012 & Wroclaw / Nov 2012
Tel: +33 6 07 65 70 40 / +1 646 422 9348
Skype : adeline.monzier