Deadline: April 1st 2014, no entry fee
Once again the initiative known as U.S. IN PROGRESS PARIS, a two-day works in progress event targeted at American independent filmmakers and European buyers, will take place in the scope of Champs-Elysées Film Festival on June 10-12 2014 in Paris.
The event is looking for 4 U.S. independent films at post-production stage (rough & fine cuts). The call for entries is
open till April 1st 2014.
Application form and Terms and Conditions can be found online: http://www.blackrabbitfilm.com/us-in-progress/paris-2014-edition/
The application requirements for the films are the following:
- Narrative feature projects in post-production are eligible.
- Production Company needs to be U.S. based.
- Films looking for completion money, services and sales agent or European distribution should apply.
- Films in post-production when applying, with at least 30 min of the film edited and to reach feature format by June 1st 2014. If selected, the feature length version of the rough/fine cut will be presented on June 10-12. No excerpts or trailers will be accepted.
- Films with no US or international premiere nor European sales representation prior to June 10 2014 are eligible.
U.S. in Progress is a joint initiative between New Horizons Association (American Film Festival), Sophie Dulac’s Champs-Elysées Film Festival and Black
It presents independent U.S. films in final production stages to European buyers, post-production houses and festivals in order to help them achieve
completion and to foster the circulation and distribution of American indie films in Europe.
The program is conformed of two yearly get-togethers at two different festivals (Paris in June and Wroclaw in November). The next event will includes two days of exclusive screenings of the 4 selected films (behind closed doors, for registered guests only) and one-to-one meetings on June 10-12 2013.
As a bonus to contracts resulting from the presentations and meetings, a jury made of professionals (Europa Distribution, Producer's Network, Ciné +, Commune Image, Eaux Vives Productions, Firefly, Titra TVS, Touscoprod) will award one of the selected works in progress. The awarded movie will get post-production and promotion services in kind.
The last Paris and Wroclaw editions attracted more than 60 buyers and producers. Alumni of the Programme were selected in Sundance 2013 (I Used To Be Darker, Milkshake, A Teacher), Berlinale 2013 (Hide your Smiling Faces, I Used To Be Darker), SXSW 2013 ( A Teacher), Tribeca 2013 (Hide Your Smiling Faces, Bluebird), Karlovy Vary 2013 (Bluebird), Toronto 2013 (1982), Sundance 2014 (Ping Pong Summer).
The third edition of Champs-Elysées Film Festival (http://www.champselyseesfilmfestival.com/en) is to take place in Paris on June 11-17 2014.