"Since I last saw you in Poland, have re-edited my film "Grand Street" with an editor (Krzysztof Szpetmanski) who I met at Gotham In Progress. Amazing editor, who really cut to the film's emotional core. We're almost done and are currently scanning at Alvernia Studios, outside Krakow. Who knew it would become a US-Poland Co-Production but I'm delighted! Owe big debts of gratitude to Ula Śniegowska and Adeline Monzier, who talked me into going to Gotham -- needless to say, I was a skeptic at first
Meanwhile, my lead actress, Charlotte Riley, just got a starring role in the new Tom Cruise (Doug Liman, director) film, "All You Need Is Kill." She's also marrying superstar, Tom Hardy, which has landed her in the limelight, certainly in London. She's an amazing actress and ecstatic that she's finally being "discovered" for her talent.. Hopefully, it will put some wind in our sails//sales as we begin our next part of the journey... Lex Sidon"
U.S. in Progress Wroclaw is looking for independent US feature fiction films at post-production stage (rough cuts)!
They are offering:
- Travel and accommodation: return flight and 3 nights in the historical and funky city of Wroclaw (Poland) for one representative of the film
- Networking: a chance to present your project in person to key European buyers at exclusive screenings (behind closed doors, for registered industry guests only)
- Direct business opportunities: one-to-one meetings to discuss your needs and strike co-production, post-production and distribution deals
- Awards: free post-production services for DI, digital master (DCP), sound edit etc. from our sponsors
- Experience: screenings, parties and further networking at the 3rd American Film Festival in Wroclaw, Poland
American Film Festival
Get your feature film finished and market it to the European buyers on November 14-16!
Application deadline: October 1
Find out more: