Last week I went into some of the factors determining how the Model for IndieFilmFinanceV2011.1 may be set. Previously, over at my old home, I spent some time trying to better define that model. If you were taking notes you probably recognized that what follows below ARE a the key factors, but I thought it was worth jotting them down for our cheat sheets:
What Ten Factors Are Needed To Get Your Film Financed By Something Other Than Love Or Insanity:
1. Price point / negative cost below $5M;
2. "Estimated" Foreign Value at 80% or higher of negative costs;
3. Track record of collaborators in US Acquisition market to project 25% of negative costs;
4. Utilization of Soft Money/Tax Benefits as revenue -- not enhancement;
5. Manufacture desire: inject freshness & an ability to cut through the noise;
6. Predetermined & Accessible Audience;
7. Aura Of Inevitability= Polished Script+Show Reel or Look Book + _________?
8. Urgency of the deal;
9. Something old (proven genre)
10. Something new (fresh scent).
What does this all add up to? Is there a formula we can use? I think so. Why don't we just get to that another day? Stay tuned.... Much more to come on this subject.
Get the latest headlines from Hope for Film delivered to your inbox every day.