Here are my final predictions for tomorrow morning's Oscar nominations.
To supplement it I'll offer a brief wish list for eleven things that would get me the most excited tomorrow at 6:30am Utah time, most of them essentially impossible:
1. Benjamin Button gets shut out of every major category.
2. Michelle Williams gets a best actress nod.
3. Angelina Jolie doesn't.
4. WALL-E gets the lone director slot.
5. Synecdoche, New York for (at least) art direction, original screenplay and makeup.
6. Eddie Marsan for best supporting actor!
7. The Class, Gomorrah and Let The Right One In all get best adapted screenplay nominations.
8. Michael Sheen gets an actor nomination over Frank Langella.
9. Dev Patel is not nominated.
10. Rosemarie DeWitt is.
11. High School Musical 3 and Repo! The Genetic Opera both get song nominations.
Frankly, I'd be pretty happy if two of these things happen (#3 and #9 look like my most likely to succeeds).