A few days of belated 2000s-related lists begins with this look at what I feel are the 25 sexiest cinematic performances of the past 10 years. Obviously this comes out of a matter of personal aesthetic taste (though there are some performances where no one - man, woman, straight, gay, etc - could possibly disregard their sex appeal), and perhaps the list as whole says more about my sexual persuasions than anything else. That said, I did try my very best to include as many women as possible despite my 5.5 on the Kinsey Scale. And I'll admit there's a few female performances in here - particularly the top few - that made me wonder if I was more like a 3.
So here are some moments in 2000s cinema that got me going - and I'll make the assumption I am not at all alone (and please note, I ended up adding ten I missed to this entry later on)
25. Grégoire Leprince-Ringuet in "Love Songs"
24. Kate Winslet in "Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind"
23. Diego Luna in "Y Tu Mama Tambien"
22. Ben Whishaw in "Bright Star"
21. Channing Tatum in "Stop-Loss"
-numbers 20-->1 after the jump-
20. Hugh Jackman in "Australia"
19. Jude Law in "AI Artificial Intelligence"
18. Daniel Craig in "The Mother"
17. Ludivine Sagnier in "Swimming Pool"
16. James McAvoy in "Atonement"
15. Javier Bardem in "Vicky Cristina Barcelona"
14. Penelope Cruz in "Volver"
13. Diane Lane in "Unfaithful"
12. Lior Ashkenazi and Ronit Elkabetz in "Late Marriage"
11. Jake Gyllenhaal in "Jarhead"
10. Heath Ledger in "Brokeback Mountain"
9. Viggo Mortensen in "Eastern Promises"
8. Patrick Wilson in "Little Children"
7. Maribel Verdu in "Y Tu Mama Tambien"
6. Gael Garcia Bernal in "Bad Education"
5. Naomi Watts and Laura Harring in "Mulholland Drive"
4. Penelope Cruz in "Vicky Cristina Barcelona"
3. Christian Bale in "American Psycho"
2. Maria Bello in "A History of Violence"
1. Gael Garcia Bernal in "Y Tu Mama Tambien"
Get the latest headlines from The Lost Boys delivered to your inbox every day.
Jealous of the updates from Cannes? Theres still 5 days left to make the best of it & have your little film festival: http://t.co/vFMjkTXbVUPosted 15 hours ago
10 LGBT films likely to be on the queer film festival circuit this summer, all worth seeing: http://t.co/H7iqRLRhrXPosted 16 hours ago
@peterknegt RT @NYMag 20 things worth knowing about Rob Ford http://t.co/02XKYYYEgR”Posted 17 hours ago
Seth MacFarlane is -- thank god -- too busy to host next year's Oscars: http://t.co/QSu800HxLVPosted 1 day ago