The following is a list of the top 10 per-theater-averages for specialty releases this weekend. Note that it does not include wide releases (1,000+ screens), or studio films on limited screen counts. Check out a full report on the weekend box office here and check back for indieWIRE's box office chart Tuesday afternoon, which will include a full list of all final numbers, including those that didn't report today.
1. The Tree of Life (Fox Searchlight): $18,620/47 theaters
2. The Trip (IFC Films): $14,100/6 theaters
3. Beginners (Focus Features): $13,399/19 theaters
4. Midnight In Paris (SPC): $6,511/944 theaters
5. Submarine (Weinstein): $3,542/17 theaters
6. Viva Riva! (Music Box): $3,446/3 theaters
7. Bride Flight (Music Box): $3,030/18 theaters
8. Cave of Forgotten Dreams (Sundance Selects): $2,100 /122 theaters
9. The Double Hour (IDP/SG): $1,775/55 theaters
10. Incendies (SPC): $1,624/85 theaters
Get the latest headlines from The Lost Boys delivered to your inbox every day.
@peterknegt I want to pitch a story to the correct person at Indiewire re the new Miami Jewish Film Festival. Is that you? @Aliza_KatzPosted 9 hours ago
RT @indiewire: American Hustle surprises as big winner with #NYFCC. Full list of winners: http://t.co/skWur8R7SSPosted 2 days ago
@peterknegt Nothing ugh worthy about this one - it's about time he got industry recognition. Here's to his upcoming Academy Award!Posted 2 days ago
Pretty extraordinary, mostly silent performance. RT @peterknegt Robert Redford wins best actor from the #NYFCC: http://t.co/LNJ3u2DdDGPosted 2 days ago