By Kevin Jagernauth | The Playlist March 27, 2012 at 10:56AM
Well, Kenny fucking Powers will be pitching his last innings in "Eastbound & Down" as the show winds up its third and final season with a only a few more episodes to go. But you'll still have the opportunity to keep that good time feeling going all summer long.
Fat Possum Records is set to drop a nice two-disc soundtrack to the series, featuring a handful of songs played through the show's twenty-one episodes. No surprise, this one is heavy on the rock 'n roll with tracks from folks like The Black Keys, The Stooges, MC5, The Animals, Ram Jam and more. There is a bit of country lovin' with Kenny Rogers and Lee Hazelwood, some hip hop with Too Short and 'Lil Wyte and even an obscure R&B tune by Brenton Wood.
Finer retails will carry the collection on April 24th. Full tracklist below. [Prefix]
"Eastbound & Down" Soundtrack Tracklist
1. Freddie King "Going Down"
2. The Black Keys "Your Touch"
3. Strangeloves "Night Time"
4. Brenton Wood "Oogum Boogum Song"
5. Too Short "Blow The Whistle"
6. The Stooges "Down On The Street"
7. The Animals "Sky Pilot"
8. Ram Jam "Black Betty"
1. Lil Wyte "Fucked Up"
2. Los Monstruos "El Monstros, Keep Your Big Mouth Shut"
3. R.L. Burnside "Goin’ Down South"
4. Kenny Rogers "Love Will Turn You Around"
5. MC5 "Miss X"
6. Shawn Lee’s Ping Pong Orchestra Featuring Nino Moschella "Kiss The Sky"
7. Lee Hazlewood "Think I’m Coming Down"
8. The Slits "I Heard It Through the Grapevine"