By Kevin Jagernauth | The Playlist August 21, 2012 at 12:21PM
Despite huffing and puffing about the sequel not moving fast enough, it seems Jim Carrey is still involved as is Jeff Daniels, and the duo are set to reprise their roles as Harry and Lloyd in a sequel to "Dumb & Dumber." The movie has been in the works for a while now, and at one point was said to be aiming to shoot this fall, and while that may not be happening, movement continues. But even better, we now have some idea of the "plot" (such as it is) that will send these low IQ dudes on their next adventure.
“The story revolves around the fact that one of them may have sired a child. They want to go and find the child because he’s having a kidney problem and he wants to ask him for one of his kidneys,” director Bobby Farrelly told Digital Spy. Frankly that sound a lot more involved than the first movie, which more or less revolved around returning a suitcase. And we figure that here as well, the journey will be more important than the destination, which suits us just fine. And Farrelly promises, they'll be as dumb as ever.
“I can tell you that there is no growth out of either one of them,” he said, also affirming: "...We will make this movie."
The new plan is to shoot the movie next spring for release in fall 2013, which is certainly ambitious, but not impossible. But of course, that will involve things like financing and contracts and all that other boring stuff coming through, and of course on scheduling, with Jeff Daniels committed to "The Newsroom" which was renewed last month for a second season. But it's another kernel of info for a sequel that we're not entirely opposed to.