By Kevin Jagernauth | The Playlist August 1, 2011 at 10:00AM
There's no arguing that one of the most talked about films so far this year is Nicolas Winding Refn's lean and mean thriller "Drive." And while Refn took home directing honors from Cannes, and Ryan Gosling earned plaudits for his efficiently cool lead performance, one of the most discussed aspects of the film has been the neon sign soundtrack.
Improbably, yet somehow perfectly and seamlessly, in addition to Cliff Martinez's score, it was the pulse of the electronic tunes that wormed their way into the skulls of those who have seen the film already. Well, get ready to rock this on your iPod. The film will be getting a proper soundtrack release and in addition to the pieces by Martinez will be "Night Call" by Kavinsky, "Under Your Spell" by Desire and the epic "Tick Of The Clock" by former punk rockers turned Ital disco heads Chromatics highlighting the disc.
"Drive" will hit theaters on September 16th, but you can pick up the soundtrack digitally on September 6th or if you absolutely need that awesome cover art in your possession, it will get a physical release on September 13th. Check out the full tracklist and some samples of the tunes below.
"Drive" Soundtrack Tracklisting
Update: tracklist revised ever so slightly.
01. Nightcall – Kavinsky & Lovefoxxx
02. Under Your Spell - Desire
03. A Real Hero - College feat. Electric Youth
04. Oh My Love - Riz Ortolani feat. Katyna Ranieri
05. Tick of the Clock – The Chromatics
06. Rubber Head -- Cliff Martinez
07. I Drive -- Cliff Martinez
08. He Had a Good Time -- Cliff Martinez
09. They Broke His Pelvis -- Cliff Martinez
10. Kick Your Teeth -- Cliff Martinez
11. Where's The Deluxe Version? -- Cliff Martinez
12. See You in Four -- Cliff Martinez
13. After The Chase -- Cliff Martinez
14. Hammer -- Cliff Martinez
15. Wrong Floor -- Cliff Martinez
16. Skull Crushing -- Cliff Martinez
17. My Name on a Car -- Cliff Martinez
18. On The Beach -- Cliff Martinez
19. Bride of Deluxe -- Cliff Martinez
Samples of the soundtrack on page 2.