The Rock recenty caught up with MTV who asked him about the plans for the sequel(s), and he confirmed they were going to make two more, but logistically, they couldn't work it out. "I don't think we're going to shoot them back-to-back," he said. "We were going to try that because it wouldn't make sense to have the same crew and have everybody there in one place, but I think we're dealing with some weather issues, so from what I know we're going to shoot 'Fast 6' first and then worry about 'Fast 7' a little later."
As for the setting, Johnson confirms rumors of a European-based storyline, saying that filming is slated to take place in the U.K. and Germany, and that cameras will roll in May. But beyond that, he stayed mum on details. Last year, Universal Chairman Adam Fogelson said that "Fast Five" was a "transitional movie" with plans to move away from the car-centered roots of the series' origins and into heist/adventure territory. Either way, it looks like Vin Diesel is going to have at least a couple more "one last" jobs.
"Fast Six" is slated for a May 24, 2013 release. But if you can't wait then, you can see Johnson revitalize another franchise this summer in "G.I. Joe: Retaliation."