By Kevin Jagernauth | The Playlist March 28, 2014 at 2:01PM
It's been a pretty wild few days for fans of the "Indiana Jones" franchise. Late Tuesday night, word dropped that Disney was considering a reboot of the beloved series, and had Bradley Cooper down on their list of names of potential people to take over the role. The Internet collectively freaked, and it wasn't long for industry folks associated with the franchise to weigh in, with producer Frank Marshall calling the rumors "ridiculous." Now another name associated in the Indiana Jones report has taken the denial a step further.
Frank Darabont, who had previously written installments of "The Young Indiana Jones Chronicles" (and penned "Indiana Jones and the City of the Gods" as the proposed fourth movie before it was rejected by George Lucas) was said by Latino Review to have apparently pitched an idea for a new feature film to Disney suits. Well, according to him, that never happened. "This is an internet rumor with not a shred of truth in it. I have not pitched an idea for a proposed Indiana Jones movie, nor has anybody approached me with such an idea. The inaccurate report on Latino Review was the first I'd heard of it," he told AICN.
Case closed? For now, we guess, but we'd bet that Disney is going to revisit that property somewhere down the line, whether it's with Harrison Ford or not. But you can probably chill out for the moment as it seems the cart is being put in front of the horse on this one.