By Kevin Jagernauth | The Playlist March 3, 2011 at 11:34AM
Teresa Palmer Says She's No Longer Involved With The Film
"Rain rain go away, Come again another day. Little Johnny wants to play; Rain, rain, go to Spain, Never show your face again!"
With production delayed last fall on "Mad Max: Fury Road" due to a forecast of bad weather conditions, director George Miller must be singing the rhyme above and keeping his fingers crossed. He told The Daily Telegraph recently that he plans to remount the picture next January providing the Broken Hill shooting location can remain dry.
"We will restart pre-production later this year and begin early next year -- weather permitting," Miller said acknowledging the year-long delay he and Warner Bros. had agreed on. "We've built the vehicles. We've designed the movie. The principal cast is locked in. The film is funded. It's all ready to go. We just wait," the helmer added but there is one name constantly attached to the film but likely won't be able to make it.
While Tom Hardy and Charlize Theron are booked, Teresa Palmer, attached to the project prior to its delays, doesn't seem to be coming back. We spoke with the actress today in the midst of her press rounds for "Take Me Home Tonight" and she told us about her rumored involvement in the film, "I do not think so. I was in negotiations for that movie for a while but then I had 'I Am Number Four' come up and then 'Mad Max' went on hiatus so no I'm not involved in it at the moment."
As you might recall, last summer she addressed her casting in the film and more or less said the same thing. Basically, she didn't sign on to the film in the first place as she wouldn't have been able to make the January start date and we're guessing she hasn't really been in talks for it since. It's possible she could be looped back in but for now, it seems that the talks have ceased. No word yet on previously linked players like Nicolas Hoult, Zoe Kravitz and Adelaide Clemens but we suppose we'll find out soon enough.
"All the contracts are signed. It's a locked-in film. It has been for 18 months now," Miller said so here's hoping the weather holds this time because this year at Broken Hill was a wash. "Ironically, had we been shooting in Broken Hill in January and February -- when we were meant to -- we would have been flooded out."
For now, Miller is keeping busy getting "Happy Feet 2" ready for its November release. Providing the skies stay clear, "Mad Max: Fury Road" (and its potential sequel) will begin lensing in January 2012, which probably means a release date somewhere in 2013.