The composer/musician has curated a music playlist exclusively for Rdio that delves into this inspirations, and it's pretty solid stuff. Mostly looking back to the past, the mixtape of sorts is bookended by David Bowie, features cuts from Tangerine Dream and Giorgio Moroder and their work for "Risky Business" and "Midnight Express" respectively, and acts like Kraftwerk, Burial, The Cure, Mogwai and out of place, but no less awesome, Nina Simone. A couple of Ross' own tracks from "Broken City" are in there as well.
At the end of a long week, it's definitely worth a listen. "Broken City" is in theaters now and the score is available digitally.
“Broken City” – Atticus Ross’ Inspirations Behind the Soundtrack Album
1. David Bowie - Heroes
2. Tangerine Dream - Love on a Real Train (Risky Business)
3. Atticus Ross, Claudia Sarne & Leopold Ross - Broken City
4. Steve Reich - Music for 18 Musicians - Pulses
5. Nina Simone - Wild is the Wind (original Version)
6. Giorgio Moroder - Love's theme (Midnight Express)
7. Burial - Night Bus
8. Atticus Ross, Claudia Sarne & Leopold Ross - Broken Men
9. Mogwai - I Know You Are, But What Am I ?
10. Brian Eno and David Byrne - Regiment
11. Atticus Ross, Claudia Sarne & Leopold Ross - Bleeding Heart
12. Nine Inch Nails - A warm Place
13. The Cure - Plainsong
14. Angelo Badalamenti - Laura Palmer's theme
15. Atticus Ross, Claudia Sarne & Leopold Ross - Chasing Shadows
16. Kraftwerk - The Man Machine (1978 version)
17. David Bowie - Warszawa