By Kevin Jagernauth | The Playlist November 4, 2013 at 10:37AM
Generally, the musical performance part of the Oscar show doubles as our bathroom break, as it's usually some forgettable songs coupled with some kind of bizarre choreography. But should things pan out as they should (at least we hope), in a few months from now, we'll be seeing Oscar Isaac, perhaps Marcus Mumford and a few more folks from "Inside Llewyn Davis" belting out a tune onstage at the Dolby Theater and you can bet we'll be watching. Filled with beautiful renditions of folk classics as well as one roof raising original number, the soundtrack to the movie is not just one of year's best, it's also just some of the finest tunes you'll hear anywhere in 2013. And now you can check it out in full.
NPR has debuted the full album stream which you can listen to below and no, it isn't a spoiler to listen to the music before you see the film. Oscar Isaac, who will surely get launched once this movie hits and is seen by everyone, shows off his more than capable skills as singer and performer, and the first two tracks alone—"Hang Me, Oh Hang Me" and "Fare Thee Well (Dink's Song")—are easy highlights. Elsewhere, "Please Mr. Kennedy" is a damn hoot and really, the whole thing is complete pleasure.
The soundtrack drops on November 11th with the movie hitting theaters on December 6th. Listen below.
1. “Hang Me, Oh Hang Me” (Traditional; Arranged by T Bone Burnett) – Oscar Isaac
2. “Fare Thee Well (Dink’s Song)” (Traditional; Arranged by Oscar Isaac and T Bone Burnett) – Marcus Mumford and Oscar Isaac
3. “The Last Thing on My Mind” (Tom Paxton) – Stark Sands
4. “Five Hundred Miles” (Hedy West) – Justin Timberlake, Carey Mulligan and Stark Sands
5. “Please Mr. Kennedy” (Ed Rush, George Cromarty, T Bone Burnett, Justin Timberlake, Joel Coen and Ethan Coen) – Oscar Isaac, Justin Timberlake and Adam Driver
6. “Green, Green Rocky Road” (Len Chandler and Robert Kaufman) – Oscar Isaac
7. “The Death of Queen Jane” (Traditional; Arranged by Oscar Isaac and T Bone Burnett) – Oscar Isaac
8. “The Roving Gambler” (Traditional) – John Cohen with the Down Hill Strugglers
9. “The Shoals of Herring” (Ewan MacColl) – Oscar Isaac
10. “The Auld Triangle” (Brendan Behan) – Chris Thile, Chris Eldridge, Marcus Mumford, Justin Timberlake and Gabe Witcher
11. “The Storms Are on the Ocean” (A.P. Carter) – Nancy Blake
12. “Fare Thee Well (Dink’s Song) (Traditional; Arranged by Oscar Isaac and T Bone Burnett) – Oscar Isaac
13. “Farewell” (Bob Dylan) – Bob Dylan
14. “Green, Green Rocky Road” (Len Chandler and Robert Kaufman) – Dave Van Ronk