Marc Forster Will Be 'Imagining Nathan'

News
by Kevin Jagernauth
September 28, 2012 6:14 PM
6 Comments
  • |

Marc Forster hasn't been having a great 2012, though there is light for him at the end of the tunnel. While "World War Z" has become such a fiasco that the film's star, Brad Pitt, won't even talk to him, Forster is quietly lining up options that he can tackle once the zombie epic is finished. Way, way back at the beginning of the year, he was attached to the completely ridiculous sounding "Cowboy Viking Ninja," and now he's got another project, one that sounds kind of like "Sucker Punch" mixed with "Who Framed Roger Rabbit?." Seriously.

Forster is in negotiations with Disney to helm "Imagining Nathan." The high-concept film follows Nathan who, as a child, takes refuge in a fantasy world after his parents die, and as an adult, is diagnosed with a condition that forces him to live in a cartoon-like world. But luckily, he has a sister who will try and free him from the troubles that plague him. We're sure this is a movie that will make a lot more sense once it's in front of the camera, rather than on paper....right?

We're not sure why anybody is rolling the dice with Forster on another potentially big-budget movie when it seems the smart thing to do would be to give him something smaller scale and less risky. But what do we know. You don't win big unless you go all in, right? No word yet on where this will fall on his slate, but it's likely Forster won't be making any decisions until he gets through "World War Z." [The Wrap]

News
  • |

More: Marc Forster, Imagining Nathan

You might also like:
Free Indie Movies and Documentaries    

6 Comments

  • Alex | September 29, 2012 12:25 PMReply

    Was he the alien thing in Prometheus?

  • Pod | September 29, 2012 10:07 AMReply

    "We're not sure why anybody is rolling the dice with Forster on another potentially big-budget movie when it seems the smart thing to do would be to give him something smaller scale and less risky. But what do we know. " - Yeah, what DO you know?

  • AnnieQ | September 28, 2012 8:27 PMReply

    Was there ever any reliable verfication that Pitt was not speaking to Forster? This whole tale read like like some tabloid created nonsense. Read that the ending was never filmed and the plan was always for reshoots just like the Lone Ranger with Depp which has been filming it seems for a year. DGoddard just gave an interview and said that this hoopla re WWZ is way overblown as everything seems to be where certain actors are involved, that reshoots are very common but no one talks about them like they have with WWZ, in other words business as usual. Pitt has been making great choices as both a producer and actor and I plan to be there the first day for WWZ as I just was for KTS (it has opened in the UK).

  • Bart | October 1, 2012 4:46 PM

    When you stop to consider that the original story of the problems with WWZ came from THR, which is now being run by former tabloid editor Janice Min who routinely peppers THR stories with unnamed sources of rumors similar to her days running US Weekly, well, come on. Two and two is four. THR has steadily gone downhilll under her direction and more and more it reads like US Weekly instead of an industry NEWS magazine.

    Over the last sever weeks I've seen interviews with 4 different people involved with WWZ who've said the stories about the problems with the movie are over-exaggerated and mostly BS. So far actors David Morse and Matthew Fox, writer Drew Goddard (twice) and IIRC Pitt's stunt double have all said the difficulties with WWZ have been overblown. Morse and Fox both said they've heard the movie looks fantastic and they're excited to see it. Morse said that even while he was working on it he felt it was going to be really good. Pitt's stunt double, a Brit by the name of Phil Ball, tweeted several responses to questions from followers saying he hadn't even heard about the reshoots yet - and this was while he was working as Pitt's stunt double for The Counselor which Pitt shot in London about 6 weeks ago.

    As usual, take any reports on troubles with any movie with a grain of salt and consider the source. I wouldn't trust a Janice Min run magazine/website as far as I could throw it. That woman is allergic to anything that looks or smells like the truth.

  • debra | September 29, 2012 11:40 PM

    There has not been any reliable confirmation about Brad and Foster. In fact there are several interviews from cast members saying what a great experience it was on the film and that all the talk about the film being is trouble is just that TALK. I think the original article came form Janice Min of the Hollywood Reporter. She has ruined that mag/site and brought her brand of tabloid gossip to it. Sad that other outlets picked it up and like today they don't do their own research.
    Brad has never had a reputation for being difficult with anyone. And in an interview he did recently he talked of them changing the ending because they wanted to make the film possible for a trilogy. Seriously I think some people have a hidden agenda and want to make this film less successful.

    I'm going to see it and hope it kicks ass to give the finger to the naysayers that are trying to destroy a film before it is even complete. When did shit like that become ok.

  • d | September 29, 2012 5:33 PM

    Agreed. Remember when Dredd had its post-production issues and still turned out OK?

Email Updates