Mark Wahlberg Says He Won't Be 'The Crow'

by Kevin Jagernauth
November 23, 2010 5:08 AM
3 Comments
  • |


So hey, remember last month when it was reported that Mark Wahlberg was being offered the lead in the upcoming "The Crow" reboot? Well as with most offer stories that seem too good to be true, it looks like the actor considered it and then wisely passed.

Speaking with Cinematical, the actor reveals it did cross his desk and for a brief shining moment it was a possibility. "We never committed to making the movie," Wahlberg said. "They talked to me about it and there was a director attached who I was a fan of, and he's no longer doing it. We just thought about it – 'is there something cool to be done there?' But we're not committed to making the movie."

No word on who that director was, but it's not Stephen Norrington ("The League Of Extraordinary Gentlemen," "Blade") who recently left the project and indicated that an unnamed actor -- who may or may not have been Wahlberg -- was demanding a rewrite of the Nick Cave script (yes, he actually wrote this). So for now, "The Crow" looks to be seeking an actor and may have someone new in the director's chair though no names have leaked (yet). So goth fans, your lone superhero franchise is still a bit of a way off yet.

  • |

More: Films, Actors, Genre Films, Mark Wahlberg, The Crow

You might also like:
Free Indie Movies and Documentaries    

3 Comments

  • Rob | November 24, 2010 3:33 AMReply

    I agree. Leave the movie well alone and let the legacy rest where it is supposed to.

  • Andre | November 23, 2010 7:47 AMReply

    It should be the part no actor wants to play again.

  • Andre | November 23, 2010 7:46 AMReply

    I think that actors should show solidarity to Brandon Lee who made the defenitive Eric Draven and paid the price of his life for it.

    Some roles are better left untouched.

Email Updates