Now Forbes has done the converse, crunching the numbers once more to come up with a list of Hollywood’s Best Actors For Their Buck. Natalie Portman comes in at #1 and if you're scratching your head thinking about what massive successful tentpole she was in recently and coming up blank, it's because there wasn't one. Forbes calculates every salary dollar received over the last three years (as they did with Murphy) and Portman was named #1 because of "Black Swan," which was made for only $13 million and grossed a very profitable $330 million in return. Meaning, they estimate that for every dollar Portman is paid by the studios, she returns $42.70, which is obviously way more significant than Murphy's pitiful draw.
Coming in at number two was Kristen Stewart with the top 5 being rounded out by Shia LaBeouf, Robert Pattinson and Daniel Radcliffe. This is where tentpoles do factor in because "Twilight" "Transformers" and the "Harry Potter" films aren't made on a shoestring, but they do rake in a whole mess of cash. Stewart also had “Snow White and the Huntsman” which turned a decent profit, grossing $400 million on an estimated budget of $170 million. The full list below.
Here’s the full top 10 list:
1. Natalie Portman — Returns $42.70 for every $1 paid
2. Kristen Stewart — Returns $40.60 for every $1 paid
3. Shia LaBeouf — Returns $35.80 for every $1 paid
4. Robert Pattinson — Returns $31.70 for every $1 paid
5. Daniel Radcliffe — Returns $30.50 for every $1 paid
6. Taylor Lautner — Returns $29.50 for every $1 paid
7. Bradley Cooper — Returns $25 for every $1 paid
8. Dwayne Johnson — Returns $22.70 for every $1 paid
9. Amy Adams — Returns $22.60 for every $1 paid
10. Kevin James — Returns $22.40 for every $1 paid