While we're curious to see how the Harvey Weinstein edit of "Dirty Girl" plays -- the movie was chopped down from 109 minutes to 90 minutes in order to "broaden its appeal" -- we will say this: anyone needing a good '80s fix will be well served by the soundtrack.
Starring Juno Temple, Milla Jovovich, William H. Macy, Dwight Yoakam and Mary Steenburgen, the '80s-set film follows a raunchy high school girl who runs away with her closeted gay classmate and drives from Oklahoma to California to find the father she’s never met. And the forthcoming disc boasts fourteen songs that do a good job of capturing the era. With Pat Benatar, four tunes by Melissa Manchester, Sheen Easton, Teena Marie, Wendy & Lisa and of course, Bow Wow Wow (guess which song) this will definitely scratch any retro itch you might be having. But if you need something more contemporary The Bird And The Bee singer Inara George teams with Guillemots frontman Fyfe Dangerfield for "Whenever I Call You A Friend."
The soundtrack will hit digitally on October 4th a few days before "Dirty Girl" hits theaters on October 7th. If you still want the physical disc you'll have to wait until October 25th. Full tracklist below.
"Dirty Girl" Soundtrack Tracklisting
01. Shadows of the Night - Pat Benatar
02. You Should Hear How She Talks About You - Melissa Manchester
03. Delta Dawn - Tanya Tucker
04. Midnight Blue - Melissa Manchester
05. I Want Candy - Bow Wow Wow
06. Only You - Rita Coolidge
07. Your Love (Acoustic) – The Outfield
08. Still Myself - Melissa Manchester
09. Strut - Sheena Easton
10. Rainbird - Melissa Manchester
11. Lovergirl - Teena Marie
12. The Life - Wendy & Lisa
13. Don’t Cry Out Loud – Melissa Manchester
14. Whenever I Call You Friend – Fyfe Dangerfield and Inara George