Director Francois Ozon’s latest film, “Jeune Et Jolie” (“Young and Beautiful”) made its premiere at the Cannes Film Festival in May. Our own Kevin Jagernauth wasn’t too impressed, giving it a “C” partially because of Ozon’s underwhelming narrative that uses “a young woman’s risk-filled sexual awakening as an illustration of coming-of-age, while also demanding a realism from a situation that he keeps far from being rationalized and justified.” Although it has yet to grace our shores, the film’s soundtrack has been revealed.
The tracklisting include quite a few tracks from Ozon’s long-term composer, Philippe Rombi (who worked on Ozon's “Swimming Pool,” “Angel,” and “In the House”) along with some youthful, electro-charged tracks (from the likes of M83, Crystal Castles, Vitalic and more) and the softer tunes of French pop legend Francoise Hardy.
Starring Marine Vacth, Charlotte Rampling, and Geraldine Pailhas, there’s no word on its U.S. release date, but if you live in France, you can watch “Jeune Et Jolie” on August 21st. The soundtrack goes on-sale August 19th. [Film Music Reporter]
1. Eté – Philippe Rombi
2. L’amour d’un garçon (Remastered – Les années Vogue 62-68) – Françoise Hardy
3. True Romance – The Citizens
4. Poison Lips – Vitalic
5. The Sense Of Me – Mud Flow
6. Chambre 6095 – Philippe Rombi
7. A quoi ça sert? – Françoise Hardy
8. Young Americans – Poni Hoax
9. Midnight City – M83
10. Baptism – Crystal Castles
11. Première rencontre – Françoise Hardy
12. Jeune et jolie – Philippe Rombi
13. Je suis moi – Françoise Hardy