While the film itself has been flying completely under the radar, the forthcoming autism documentary "Wretches & Jabberers" by Academy Award winner Gerardine Wurzburg, has attracted an incredible lineup of talent for the soundtrack.
J. Ralph, a musician and composer (he did the music for "Lucky Number Slevin" and wrote some excellent additional "heist music" for "Man On Wire") was originally hired on to score the film but was so touched by the subjects of the film -- Tracy Thresher and Larry Bissonnette, who travel the world to show a different side of the disease -- he composed twenty songs for the film and enlisted help from some incredible talent to lend their voices to the tracks. The star-studded lineup includes Norah Jones, Bob Weir, Carly Simon, Ben Harper, Vashti Bunyan, Devendra Banhart, Scarlett Johansson, Antony, Vincent Gallo and more. Not only that, all proceeds from sales of the album will go the Autism Society of America and the Wretches and Jabberers Fund of the Institute on Communication and Inclusion at Syracuse University.
So what are you waiting for? The album is available starting today on iTunes. Look for the film in theaters in April. Complete tracklisting below.
"Wretches & Jabberers" Soundtrack Tracklisting
1. The Reasons Why - J. Ralph
2. Change Is Gonna Come - Norah Jones
3. The Letter - Carly Simon
4. More Like You - Ben Harper
5. Killingly Hard - J. Harper & Antony
6. Flower & The Lion - Vashti Bunyan
7. Given To Us - Ben Taylor
8. Breaking The Hold - Bob Weir
9. Lying Down Statues - J. Ralph & Devendra Banhart
10. Birdsong - Judy Collins
11. Low Barefoot Tolerance - Stephen Stills
12. One Whole Hour - Scarlett Johansson
13. No Regard - Vincent Gallo
14. Four Brave Souls - David Garza
15. Breakers & The Wind - Bonnie Bramlett
16. Pretty Words Lie - Nic Jones
17. Fighters & Factitioners - Martin Carthy
18. Hello For The First Time (Four Words) - Paul Brady
19. Entenderse - Lila Downs
20. Birdsong (Reprise) - Leah Siegel