Click to Skip Ad
Closing in...

'Star Wars': Watch Scene From Abandoned Live-Action TV Show; George Lucas "Torn" About Leaving, Chloe Moretz Denies Rumors

Photo of Kevin Jagernauth By Kevin Jagernauth | The Playlist October 7, 2013 at 5:36PM

Barely a week has passed since word was kicking around about the future of the "Star Wars" franchise, which is now sitting in the hands of J.J. Abrams, and even though 'Episode 7' is still a distance from its 2015, it seems it's all anyone can talk about. Moreover, it looks like George Lucas is feeling a bit conflicted about not being a bigger part of that conversation.
4
Star Wars George Lucas

Barely a week has passed since word was kicking around about the future of the "Star Wars" franchise, which is now sitting in the hands of J.J. Abrams, and even though 'Episode 7' is still a distance from its 2015, it seems it's all anyone can talk about. Moreover, it looks like George Lucas is feeling a bit conflicted about not being a bigger part of that conversation. 

Flicks And The City (via Mashable) recently caught up with "Star Wars" creator's son, Jett Lucas, and peppered him with questions about "Star Wars: Episode 7" and beyond, and while he was cagey for obvious reasons—He says, "I already know what happens. I'm happy with what's going to happen"—he does reveal his father has had a hard time letting go. "He was very torn on the matter," Jett Lucas said. "He's happiest when he's writing and doing something with his time." 

Noting that his father still has input on the series, Jett was careful with words, but did say his father wasn't exactly standing by the sidelines either. "He's constantly talking to J.J. Obviously J.J. was handpicked. He [Lucas] is there to guide, whenever, he'll help where he can. At the same time, he wants to let it go and become its new generation," he explained.

And that thread of "generation" seems to be a throughline so far with "Star Wars" rumors, with speculation running high that the sequels will focus on the children of Luke Skywalker, Princess Leia Organa and Han Solo. Casting call sheets, if they're legit, have been seeking younger talent with Saoirse Ronan among those confirming she did read for the movie (though she also cautioned basically anyone age appropriate is doing it). But, scratch that, not quite everyone. “No, no rumors I don’t know how they get started. But it would be great to be a part of it," Chloe Moretz told Latino Review about word circulating that she might be appearing in the sequel. "I don’t think Disney doesn’t know what’s really going to happen. I don’t even think they cast the principle roles yet.”

Update: The "Star Wars" proof-of-concept footage has been removed by request of the filmmakers.

This article is related to: Star Wars, J. J. Abrams, Chloe Grace Moretz, George Lucas, Television, TV News, Star Wars: Episode VII — The Force Awakens