The Playlist

'Walking Dead' Star Norman Reedus Joins 'Triple Nine'; Joe Manganiello Heads To 'Tumbledown' & More

  • By Edward Davis
  • |
  • March 31, 2014 5:37 PM
  • |
  • 1 Comment
Norman Reedus,Walking Dead
John Hillcoat always nabs great casts. “Lawless” had Tom Hardy, Jessica Chastain, Gary Oldman, Guy Pearce, I’m Not Famous Anymore, and many others. And now Deadline reports that “Walking Dead” dirtbag Norman Reedus has joined the cast of his latest, the contemporary cop thriller “Triple Nine.” This spectacular cast already includes Casey Affleck, Chiwetel Ejiofor, Anthony Mackie, Woody Harrelson, Aaron Paul, Teresa Palmer, Kate Winslet and Gal Gadot. Damyo. Nick Cave will likely write the score again.

Fox Sets Dates Thru 2018 For Mystery Marvel Project, Next 'Wolverine,' 'Fantastic Four 2,' New Ridley Scott & More

  • By Edward Davis
  • |
  • March 21, 2014 8:00 AM
  • |
  • 5 Comments
X-Men: Days Of Future Past, Wolverine
You better grab a drink and take a seat — Fox just set a batch of dates for the 2017/18 calendar, and they've got a very tentpole heavy future laid out. And while this is the part where we lament the state of the industry, frankly, it is what it is so let's just break down what they've got coming.

Nicholas Hoult Builds 'Sand Castle,' Plus Maggie Grace & Helena Bonham Carter Book Sequels

  • By Kevin Jagernauth
  • |
  • March 13, 2014 12:31 PM
  • |
  • 0 Comments
So, here's a news update about a Black List script and two sequels, which seems to be an accurate ratio of what kind of movies are made in Hollywood. So let's just get right to it.

Huh? Liam Neeson Says No One Gets Taken In 'Taken 3' Plus First Clip From 'Non-Stop'

  • By Kevin Jagernauth
  • |
  • February 3, 2014 11:03 AM
  • |
  • 0 Comments
Liam Neeson, Non-Stop
The premise of the "Taken" franchise is simple: someone gets taken, and then Liam Neeson kicks a bunch of ass to get them back. It's a formula that has been very financially lucrative across two films so far, so if it isn't broke, don't fix it, right? Wrong. It would seem that Liam Neeson cares quite deeply about not repeating himself and has offered a rather interesting clue about the next installment of the franchise, set to shoot this spring.

'Taken 3' Gets Moving With Olivier Megaton Returning To Direct, Forest Whitaker Joining Liam Neeson

  • By Kevin Jagernauth
  • |
  • January 29, 2014 2:43 PM
  • |
  • 3 Comments
It seems like ancient history, but way back in the fall of 2012, following the massive box office success of "Taken 2," sequel screenwriter Robert Mark Kamen indicated that Fox very much wanted to move forward with a third installment of the franchise. And this summer, Liam Neeson got paid a handsome $20 million to come back to the series, and now it's all coming together.

Liam Neeson's Newest Skill Is Earning $20 Million Dollars To Return For 'Taken 3'

  • By Kevin Jagernauth
  • |
  • June 24, 2013 10:37 PM
  • |
  • 4 Comments
"I don't think it's going to happen, I can't see a possible scenario, that audiences wouldn't go 'Oh, come on. She's taken again?'" Liam Neeson said last fall about a possible "Taken 3." "Unless we do one where I give her away." But it looks like the actor has found a plausible scenario, one that involves a lot of cash being paid for him to return to the action franchise.

Email Updates

Recent Comments