The Playlist

Producer Hopes 'The Legend Of Conan' With Arnold Schwarzenegger Will Kickstart A New Trilogy

  • By Drew Taylor
  • |
  • July 30, 2013 1:13 PM
  • |
  • 3 Comments
Fredrik Malmberg, the CEO of Paradox Entertainment, a company that currently holds the rights to the "Conan the Barbarian" franchise (originally created by pulp author Robert E. Howard), claims that the new 'Conan' movie, which is slated to star Arnold Schwarzenegger in the iconic role he made famous back in 1982, will actually/hopefully be the first part of a new trilogy. Good lord that's a lot of Conan!

Arnold Schwarzenegger Says He'll Be Back For 'Terminator 5,' As Well As 'Triplets' & 'Conan'

  • By Kevin Jagernauth
  • |
  • June 13, 2013 3:17 PM
  • |
  • 0 Comments
How fast things can change. It was only last fall when Arnold Schwarzenegger was playing it cool and somewhat dismissive regarding his future in "The Terminator" franchise, saying: "I think (producer) Megan Ellison owns the rights to 'Terminator 16,' or whatever it is. They have been trying to put a script together but I've not seen it, so I've no idea. There's nothing on the drawing board at this point. Nothing on the plan." Well, less than a year later, he's feeling much more optimistic about things.

Arnold Schwarzenegger Says 'The Legend Of Conan' May Shoot Before The End Of 2013

  • By Joe Cunningham
  • |
  • January 14, 2013 1:01 PM
  • |
  • 4 Comments
Poor old Jason Momoa. For all the problems there were with that “Conan the Barbarian” reboot, he wasn’t one of them. The man mountain probably wouldn’t have been back for a sequel any time soon regardless, but now with Arnie out of retirement that’s one payday that will never come back around for him. Universal (the studio behind the previous two Arnie Conan films, but not the 2011 reboot) announced last year that they had reacquired the rights to the franchise and were planning “The Legend of Conan” with Arnold Schwarzenegger back as the Cimmerian warrior.

Sorry Jason Momoa, Conan Getting Rebooted Again With Arnold Schwarzenegger In 'The Legend Of Conan'

  • By Kevin Jagernauth
  • |
  • October 25, 2012 5:46 PM
  • |
  • 17 Comments
Big things were supposed to happen with Jason Momoa. In the spring of 2011, the actor was prematurely given the CinemaCon Rising Actor Award. Five months later, the R-rated "Conan The Barbarian" reboot opened and flopped hard, earning a paltry $48 million worldwide on a budget of $90 million. Next, Momoa will be seen grunting with Sylvester Stallone in the cheap-looking "Bullet To The Head," and as for Conan, it looked like the character was dead. But no property is every truly dead in Hollywood.

Email Updates

Recent Comments