Click to Skip Ad
Closing in...

So, 'Chronicle' Director Josh Trank Is Working On A 'Fantastic Four' Reboot After All; 'Chronicle 2' Moving Forward

  • By Kevin Jagernauth
  • |
  • April 27, 2012 3:32 PM
  • |
  • 0 Comments
Tom Rothman has been dropping truth bombs all over CinemaCon. Already dishing out morsels about a possible New Mutants movie and revealing that, by hook or by crook, it will be Ridley Scott's version of "Prometheus" we see at the multiplex on June 8th, he delivered another interesting little nugget.

Fox Honcho Tom Rothman Says Ridley Scott's 'Prometheus' "Will Not Be Compromised" No Matter What The Rating

  • By Kevin Jagernauth
  • |
  • April 27, 2012 11:20 AM
  • |
  • 4 Comments
We're just over a month away from Ridley Scott's highly anticipated "Prometheus" docking into theaters and the biggest question around the movie -- besides what it's about, and who it will connect (or not) to "Alien" -- is just what the movie will be rated. At Comic-Con last year, Ridley Scott said he would be shooting the sci-fi film both in PG-13 and R rated versions with a decision to come later as to which version 20th Century Fox will eventually release. Then at the end of March, he said that the movie "should be" rated R. But then a couple weeks later, Scott lashed out at the MPAA and their arbitrary ratings system, leaving many to wonder just what that meant for the film. Well, it's a matter of weeks before the movie arrives and Fox honcho Tom Rothman says, it will be Ridley's vision.

Fox Prez Tom Rothman Says Expect Superhero Movie Announcements This Summer; Hints At The New Mutants

  • By Edward Davis
  • |
  • April 27, 2012 9:40 AM
  • |
  • 2 Comments
With "The Avengers" tracking to open to massive numbers next weekend, "The Dark Knight Rises" slated to be one of the biggest movie events of the summer and "The Amazing Spider-Man" set to reboot the hero for a new generation, Fox is pretty much the lone studio without a big comic movie this year (though they were behind the sleeper hit "Chronicle" just a couple of months ago). But it won't be long before they're back at the multiplex. "The Wolverine" starts shooting later this year, and early 2013 will see the studio put the "X-Men: First Class" sequel into motion. But that's not all. Speaking with Collider at CinemaCon, studio honco Tom Rothman teased that the New Mutants could be next in line for the big screen.

Email Updates

Recent Comments