By Kevin Jagernauth | The Playlist January 8, 2014 at 11:47AM
With just over a week to go until the Oscar nominations, the guilds continue to honor their colleagues with the PGA, WGA and DGA nominations all handed out over the last seven days or so. And now another groups has revealed their honorees.
The American Society of Cinematographers have revealed the nominees for the 28th Annual ASC Awards, and this differs slightly from the usual batch movies you've been seeing in various awards season updates. In fact, two of the biggest movies of 2013—Martin Scorsese's "The Wolf Of Wall Street" and David O. Russell's "American Hustle"—are nowhere to be found here, with the ASC shining a light instead on more artful work.
So, we have the Emmanuel Lubezki's technical wizardry for "Gravity"; the painterly gorgeousness of "The Grandmaster" by Philippe Le Sourd; Roger Deakins' stunning work on "Prisoners" which led to one our favorite shots of the year; the faded record cover feel of "Inside Llewyn Davis" by Bruno Delbonnel gets a hat tip and more. Check out the full nominees below.
The winner will be announced on February 1st.
• Sean Bobbitt, BSC for 12 Years a Slave
• Barry Ackroyd, BSC for Captain Phillips
• Philippe Le Sourd for The Grandmaster
• Emmanuel Lubezki, ASC, AMC for Gravity
• Bruno Delbonnel, ASC, AFC for Inside Llewyn Davis
• Phedon Papamichael, ASC for Nebraska
• Roger Deakins, ASC, BSC for Prisoners