Don't let the indie-centric headline fool you. While "The Vow" soundtrack will make iPod toting hipsters happy with its tracklist, it reaches all the way for one of the biggest love songs of all time to kick things off. That's right, we're talking about Meat Loaf's "I'd Do Anything For Love (But I Won't Do That)."
But once that song is out of the way (mercifully delivered in a single edit), the tunes brought together for the Channing Tatum/Rachel McAdams romantic drama are a pretty decent bunch. Everyone's favorite sadsacks The National provide "England," though they try keep their cool factor intact by only making it available on the digital version of the disc. Our fave Swedish songstress Lykke Li delivers "Get Some" off her latest album, while Matt Pond PA hands over "Specks." Meanwhile, roots rockers Phosphorescent dig in for "Nothing Was Stolen (Love Me Foolishly)" while any soundtrack to a movie about troubled love isn't complete without The Cure's "Pictures Of You."
The soundtrack hits on February 7th just a few days before "The Vow" opens on February 10th. Full tracklist below.
THE VOW: MUSIC FROM THE MOTION PICTURE Track Listing
1. Meat Loaf – “I’d Do Anything For Love (But I Won’t Do That)” [Single Edit]
2. Matt Pond PA – “Specks”
3. The National – “England”*
4. Voxhaul Broadcast – “Leaving On The 5th”
5. OK Go – “This Too Shall Pass”
6. Lykke Li – “Get Some”
7. Phosphorescent – “Nothing Was Stolen (Love Me Foolishly)”
8. Scott Hardkiss (feat. Britta Phillips) – “Come On, Come On” [Dean & Britta Remix]
9. Maya Von Doll – “Play My Way”
10. Light FM – “Problems Of Our Own”
11. Still Life Still – “Neon Blue”
12. The Cure – “Pictures Of You”
*digital version only
Update. The film also includes songs by the following artists:
Greenskeepers - "Discoswing"
Red Red Meat - "Ball"
Robyn - "Get Myself Together"
Sammy James, Jr. - "Amazing Bass"