Click to Skip Ad
Closing in...

The Playlist

Peter Jackson Says 'The Adventures Of Tintin' Sequel Is Still Coming

  • By Gabe Toro
  • |
  • December 13, 2013 10:19 AM
  • |
  • 7 Comments
Hey, remember Tintin? "The Adventures Of Tintin" made $373 million worldwide, and while it was a much bigger hit overseas, it doesn't seem like anyone was waiting on that cliffhanger ending. Which is a pity, given that you'd think there would be more excitement over a collaboration between Peter Jackson and Steven Spielberg. The first one, helmed by Spielberg, did have it's moments, and the plan was always for Jackson to direct the second film. But Jackson returned to Middle Earth instead, and three "Hobbit" films later, Tintin remains dormant, so what gives?

Does 'The Hobbit' Deserve A VFX Oscar? 3 Featurettes Make The Case

  • By Joe Cunningham
  • |
  • January 18, 2013 1:55 PM
  • |
  • 1 Comment
While Peter Jackson’s final film in his epic “The Lord of the Rings” trilogy was showered with Oscars, that won’t be the case for the first installment of “The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey." The film picked up just three Oscar nominations, putting it in the running for Makeup and Hairstyling (which it may have a shot at if the voters take beardstyling into consideration too), Production Design and Visual Effects. In that final category 'The Hobbit' will face stiff competition in the form of “Life of Pi,” “The Avengers,” “Prometheus” and “Snow White and the Huntsman,” but three new featurettes argue that the work done by Weta on 'The Hobbit' deserves to come out on top.

'The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey': What Worked & What Didn't

  • By The Playlist Staff
  • |
  • December 17, 2012 12:15 PM
  • |
  • 17 Comments
For a long time, it seemed as though "The Hobbit" would never get made. Despite the multi-billion dollar success of Peter Jackson's "Lord of the Rings" films, the rights to J.R.R. Tolkien's earlier novel were tangled up, and Jackson didn't even seem to be sure he wanted to go back to Middle Earth. Even once the film got underway, MGM's bankruptcy delayed the film for years, losing original director Guillermo Del Toro in the process.

Peter Jackson Says He'll Shoot 'Adventures Of Tintin' Sequel Next Year For 2015 Release

  • By Oliver Lyttelton
  • |
  • December 12, 2012 4:33 PM
  • |
  • 5 Comments
"The Adventures of TIntin," Steven Spielberg's performance-capture-animation adaptation of Herge's boy reporter comics character, wasn't quite taken to the hearts of American audiences last year. Reviews were lukewarm, and, in a packed Christmas season, the film was crushed by the competition, hobbling to a fairly meagre $77 million domestically; not so great for a film that cost well, well north of $100 million.

Email Updates

Recent Comments